Here are some short extracts from our user manual - the Product guide which every box with the device is supplied with.
evaCHILL is intended to cool and humidify the air creating a local microclimate in the area of 3-4m² (30-45ft²). It also has a purification effect, filtering large dust particles from the air. The best effect can be achieved indoors.
- The device must be placed onto a smooth horizontal surface. Tilting it may cause a water leak and damage the device.
- Do not carry the device when it is filled with water. Even with the empty horizontal reservoir sections on the device’s sides, some water will still remain in the internal horizontal one. Please refer to the “evaCHILL transportation, cleaning and storage” article of this Help Center.
- For personal safety and proper functionality of the device use only clean, untainted tap water. If the source of water is polluted and you are not sure about its safety, please use distilled water. It is recommended to perform the cleaning and technical maintenance of the device according to the “evaCHILL transportation, cleaning and storage” article of this Help Center.
- The device is not intended for use in a highly polluted environment. Large dust particles, dirt, etc., can seriously affect the longevity of the device’s evaporative cartridge lifecycle.
- Make sure water does not reach the external parts of the device. Do not use it near water, in a swimming pool, in a bathroom, in a laundry room, outdoors when raining or at any other locations with high humidity levels.
- In the case of a leak or if water spills to the surface of the device, immediately disconnect the power cord and let the device dry for at least 24 hours.
- If you do not plan to use the device for a long time, let the device run at maximum power for at least 4 hours to allow the cartridge to dry out.
- As a power source, 5 V power plugs with a current of at least 1.5 A can be used, also USB connectors of laptops and computers, power banks and other power sources with same characteristics.
- Do not touch the power supply or power cord with wet hands.
- Unplug the device during the following actions: water filling, cleaning, technical maintenance, removing/replacing elements and moving the device.
- Do not place the device next to a heater or within proximity of any electrical equipment.
- Do not place the device in passageways or any other location from where it can be accidentally knocked over.
- Do not let any foreign objects enter the device.
- Do not place heavy items on top of the device.
- Do not block the front and back grills of the device.
- Do not turn the device upside down; this will disrupt its functionality.
- Do not submerge the device in water or any other liquids; see cleaning guide below.
- Do not place open fire sources (candles, etc.) on top of the device.
- People with limited physical, visual or mental abilities or lacking proper experience and/or knowledge should never use the device without the supervision of those responsible for their safety or those capable of assistance in using the device.
- Children should be supervised to ensure they do not play with the device.
- The device can be switched off completely only when it is disconnected from the power supply.
- The manufacturer does not bear any responsibility for any damage arising from failure to comply with this product guide.
- A replaceable evaporative cartridge is designed specifically for this product. To maximize the effect of the device the cartridge should be changed every 3-6 months depending on air and water conditions. If your cartridge has been broken or damaged, you can purchase a replacement on Evapolar.com or from your local retailer.
- DO NOT add any aromatic oils or incenses or any other odorous substances into the water.
Placing the device
The air cooler creates a local comfort zone. To be in the center of that zone, place the device within 0.5 - 1.5 m (1.5 - 5 ft) of your position with its front grill facing you. To keep the device out of your way, place it slightly aside. This way you will always have room for a laptop or a book.
If you have more questions, please contact our Support team via "Contact us" button, we'll be glad to help you!