To control your evaSMART using Amazon Echo speaker you have to:
- Be signed in with Amazon, have Alexa app installed on your mobile device and be logged in to the account
- Be signed in with Evapolar (either using your Evapolar account login and password or via Facebook)
- Have the Amazon Echo / Dot speaker set up and ready
- Be connected to the Internet (your local Wi-Fi connection has to be the 2.4GHz band one)
Linking Amazon and Evapolar accounts step-by-step instruction.
First of all you'll need to decide which Evapolar Skill you wish to enable and use. We've developed two of them for you to either use them both or just choose one: Evapolar Smart-Home and Evapolar Smart-Home Advanced.
Please find all the info on them here: Evapolar Skills and the differences between them.
1. Open Alexa app and tap the Menu icon (upper-left corner).
2. Select the Skills option.
3. Enter the Skill name Evapolar Smart-Home or Evapolar Smart-Home Advanced in the input field.
4. Select the Skill you need from the search results.
5. Tap “Enable”.
6. The login screen opens.
Logging in Evapolar account:
1. Using your email and password
- Enter login and password for your Evapolar account
- You will see the confirmation screen if the linkage was successful
- Tapping the “Link” button will complete the account linkage
- When the "Your Evapolar Smart-Home/Advanced Skill was successfully linked" message appears you can close the window by tapping the “X” in the upper left corner of the screen (or an "arrow" pic depending on your OS and interface)
2. Via your Facebook account
- If you have previously used Facebook account for logging in, you can now log in with it. Just tap “Log in with Facebook” to do that
- You’ll see the Facebook confirmation window
- Tapping the “Continue” button will will complete the linkage
- When the "Your Evapolar Smart-Home/Advanced Skill was successfully linked" message appears you can close the window by tapping the “X” in the upper-left corner of the screen (or an "arrow" pic depending on your OS and interface)
- In case your Facebook account was not used for logging in previously, you will see the "You don't have an Evapolar account" error message
After enabling Evapolar Skills you can find them in the Skills list marked "enabled".
Now that you’re logged in, you can control your evaSMART with the voice commands of our two Skills. More about that below.
We've developed two Alexa Skills for you to use when controlling your device: Evapolar Smart-Home and Evapolar Smart-Home Advanced. Every Skill includes a set of voice commands. For better conveniency we recommend using both Skills, but you can just choose one. The differences between them are:
The Evapolar Smart-Home Advanced Skill:
- After enabling it you can control your evaSMART right away with the voice commands.
- These commands do require a certain invocation schema, it should be: "Alexa, ask evaSMART to <to this and that to> [deviceName]". Please find more on that and the list of commands in this article: "Amazon Alexa: voice commands for evaSMART".
The Evapolar Smart-Home Skill:
- This Skill's commands are simple (do not require any kind of invocation schema) and the list of them is quite short, just the basic features.
- However, the usage of this Skill is a bit different at the beginning. After enabling you won't be able to control your evaSMART with it right away. Alexa will ask you to discover new devices first. You can either do that on the spot (1) or later on (2,3,4,5,6) - see all those steps below ↓.
- Device discovering steps (1 and 2-6) please see here.
1. Discover new devices right after enabling the Evapolar Smart-Home Skill.
2. Select Evapolar Smart-Home in the list of Skills and tap "MANAGE DEVICES IN SMART HOME".
3. Tap "Devices".
4. Tap "Discover" for Alexa to start looking for new devices.
5. You'll see the progress bar screen...
6. ...and the list of the devices Alexa's found.
|After Alexa has found your evaSMART you can start controlling it with the voice commands for Evapolar Smart-Home Skill listed in the "Amazon Alexa: voice commands for evaSMART" article.|
To control the device with voice commands you have to either use its default name "evaSMART" or set the one you want yourself in the Evapolar mobile app.
How to set the name of the device
To set the name of the device just tap it's default name with the pencil icon next to it on the device screen in EvaApp and choose the name you like the most from the list of names available. Find details on that in the "Controlling your evaSMART with the EvaApp" article.
Please note that each time after renaming the device you'll have to make Alexa discover it again either in the app or with the voice command "Alexa, discover devices".
Setting a name is a must to manage the device via voice commands! That will also allow you to differ one device from another.