Here are some short extracts from our user manual - the Product guide which every box with the device is supplied with.
The evaSMART air cooler is designed to cool and humidify the personal zone around you by creating a local microclimate within an area of 3-4m² (30-45ft²). It also has a purification effect; filtering large dust particles from the air. evaSMART is operated through the mobile application, Smart Home integrations or via the device menu. The best effect can be achieved indoors and in well-ventilated rooms.
- Do not install water tank with water without cartridge inside.
- The device must be placed onto a smooth horizontal surface. Tilting it may cause a water leak and damage the device.
- Do not carry the device when it is filled with water. Even after you empty the reservoir, some water will still remain in the internal compartment. Please refer to the section of this manual about device transportation.
- For personal safety and proper functionality of the device use only clean, untained tap water. If the source of water is polluted and you are not sure about its safety, please use distilled water. It is recommended to perform the cleaning and technical maintenance of the device according to the "Cleaning" section.
- The device is not intended to use in a highly polluted environment. Large dust particles, dirt, etc., can seriously affect the longevity of the device's evaporative cartridge lifecycle.
- Make sure that water does not spill onto the external parts of the device. Do not use it near water, in a swimming pool, bathroom, laundry room, outdoors when raining or at any other location with high humidity levels.
- In the case of a leak or if water spills onto the surface of the device, immediately disconnect the power cord and let the device dry for at least 24 hours.
- Do not place the device under direct sunlight.
- If you do not plan to use the device for a long time, empty the water reservoir and let the device run at maximum power for at least 4 hours to allow the cartridge to dry out.
- Use only the original power supply from the package.
- Do not touch the power supply or power cord with wet hands.
- Unplug the device during the following actions: cleaning, technical maintenance, removing/replacing elements and moving the device.
- To maximise the effect the device should be placed on an elevated surface, e.g. a table or a cupboard.
- Do not place the device in passageways or any other location from where it will cause obstruction and can be accidentially knocked over.
- Do not let any foreign objects enter the device.
- Do not place heavy items on top of the device.
- Do not block the front and back grills of the device.
- Do not turn the device upside down; this will disrupt its functionality.
- Do not submerge the device in water or any other liquids; see cleaning guide.
- Do not place open fire sources (candles, etc.) on top of the device.
- People with limited physical, visual or mental abilities should never use the device without the supervision of those responsible for their safety or those capable of assistance in using the device.
- The device can be switched off completely only when it is disconnected from the power supply.
- The manufacturer does not bear any responsibility for any damage arising from failure to comply with this product guide.
- A replacable evaporative cartridge is designed specifically for this product. To maximise the effect of the device the cartridge should be changed every 3-6 months depending on air and water conditions. If your cartridge has been broken or damaged, you can purchase a replacement at Evapolar.com or with your local retailer.
Placing the device
The air cooler creates a personal comfort zone. To be in the centre of that zone, place the device within one meter (3ft) of your position with its front grill facing you. To keep the device from causing any obstructions, place it slightly to one side of your position. This way, you will always have room for your laptop, book or anything else needed for your activities.