Here are some short extracts from our user manual - the Product guide which every box with the device is supplied with.
evaLIGHT is intended to cool and humidify the air creating a local microclimate in the area of 3-4m² (30-45ft²). It also has a purification effect, filtering large dust particles from the air. The best effect can be achieved indoors.
- The device will work correctly when placed on a smooth horizontal surface. Tilting it may cause a water leak and damage the device.
- Do not carry the device when it is filled with water. Even after you empty the reservoir, some water will still remain in the internal compartment. Please see Device transportation.
- For personal safety and proper functionality of the device use only clean, untainted tap water. If the source of water is polluted and you are not sure about its safety, please use distilled water. It is recommended to perform the cleaning and technical maintenance of the device according to the Device maintenance section.
- The device is not intended for use in a highly polluted environment. Large dust particles, dirt, etc., can seriously affect the longevity of the device’s evaporative cartridge lifecycle.
- Make sure water does not reach the external parts of the device. Do not use it near water, in a swimming pool, in a bathroom, in a laundry room, outdoors when raining or at any other locations with high humidity levels.
- In the case of a leak or if water spills to the surface of the device, immediately disconnect the power cord and let the device dry for at least 24 hours.
- Do not place the device under direct sunlight.
- Do not use the device in the temperatures exceeding 60° C (140° F). This can damage both body and internal components of the device.
- Be careful using aromatic oils or incenses. The device evaporates water intensively so even a small amount of odorous substances can oversaturate the air around you, which is potentially dangerous for your health.
- Be careful when pouring water into the reservoir that is still attached to the device; do not spill water on the body of the device.
Placing the device
The air cooler creates a local comfort zone. To be in the center of that zone place the device within a meter (3 ft.) away from you, with its front grills facing you. To keep the device out of your way, place it slightly aside. This way you will always have room for a laptop or a book.